Mortons neuroma and metatarsalgia

Sponsored Links

I had not seen Al for about two months since I met him last. My work schedule was getting to be pretty hectic and there was nearly no time left for after work escapades for some time. I was kind of concerned about Al, though, wondering how he was doing with his metatarsalgia pain problem. So I called him on the phone on a Saturday and checked up on his progress.

“I feel great now”, he said. “The wide width shoes with some specific orthotic foot inserts that the podiatrist gave me are doing miracles. I feel no pain at all and that has made me happy”, said Al and I could hear the feeling of relief right in his voice.

“You are lucky, Al; you did not end up with Morton’s neuroma or other problems.”

“What is Morton’s neuroma?”, he questioned me.

“Basically, Morton’s neuroma is a special form of metatarsalgia wherein a fibrous tissue growth that is non-cancerous that usually occurs between the heads of the fourth and third metatarsal bones. This growth can start pinching the nerves causing excessive pain. Generally Morton’s neuroma is caused by very narrow shoes or high heels.”

“And how do they treat Morton’s neuroma?”

“Back to the basics, first, Al. Better designed shoes, podiatrist recommended or designed orthotic inserts help the situation. In advanced cases, they may inject a pain killer such as cortisone into the area or in extreme cases go for surgery.”

“Thank God”, said Al.

“I know. So take care of your feet, Al if you want to be able to walk around without pain.”

Sponsored Links