Metatarsalgia treatments

Sponsored Links

I came home after my after hour escape at the bar and my wife had dinner ready for me. Believe it or not, a nice juicy steak, medium rare ( for those of you who always get it well done or burnt, you don’t know what you are missing; medium rare is the only way I take it ), green beans and mashed potatoes with a tall glass of good old Coca-cola. After our dinner, I told her about Al and his problems with foot pain and told her about how my novice diagnosis of metatarsalgia was confirmed by his doctor.

My wife was kind of concerned and asked if there was any treatment that Al could undergo for his metatarsalgia.

“Sure”, I told her, “there are plenty of metatarsalgia treatments out there. See the key is to find what caused the metatarsalgia in the first place. See, Al stands on a hard surface all day and stoops over his machines for the better part of the day putting tremendous levels of stresses on the balls of his feet. To add to this, he wears shoes that have flimsy soles. Podiatrists can provide for specific orthotics that can alleviate the pressure on the metatarsal bones or prescribe anti-inflammatory medicines. In severe cases, surgery may be needed too.”

“You mean he needs to change his shoes?”

“Exactly. He needs to get shoes that provide good cushioning first of all. Second of all, he needs to change his body posture while he works on his machines. One thing he could do is to stand closer and consciously make sure that he stands on his feet completely rather than on the toes of his feet and on the balls of the metatarsal bones.”

“The other thing he needs to do is to try to reduce his body weight. All the weight is being carried by feet and reduction in body weight will help in reducing metatarsalgia symptoms; and besides body weight control is good for the general health and well-being also.”

“From what you are saying, my high heel shoes may potentially cause problems for me too; do you think I should get rid of them?”

“That is not a bad idea”, I told her, knowing very well that she loves her high heel shoes.

“And shouldn’t you be staying off that beer and ice-cream and all that and start losing weight, so we are not in a hunt for treating you metatarsalgia when you get it?”, she said knowing very well how much I loved my fattening foods.

“That is not a bad idea, either”, I said, wanting to be politically correct.

Sponsored Links